Thursday, January 3, 2013

Hey Everyone, Sorry it has taken me so long to update my blog. I would pretend that I didn^t forget but you all know me too well to fall for that. Since October life has been fun, crazy and exausting but I did get a chance to recharge my batteries over Christmas. I got to go back to Chile this year for Christmas and it was fantastic. I got to see my family, I also went to a city called Valpaisio (I don^t think I^m spelling that right) with Tere, Lalo and Pelu. I spent Christmas Eve with Lalo^s family and Christmas day with my Grandma. For Thanksgiving I went down to Guyaquill to visit one of my friends who lives out in the campo near the big city. I had a great time, it was nice to see a completely different part of Ecuador. I also got a chance to meet the other volunteers who live down there. They were all very welcoming, a bit confused that I traveled 10 hours to get there but happy. As for work, it has been good. Now I only teach at one school, I had a small problem at the other school. I have been doing all sorts of projects with the students at the high school. One about alcohol awareness, nutrition and we are about to start sex ed next week. I had a traditional Heffernan New Years for myself. I stayed up till 10 and then went to bed. It was a very relaxing holiday. It was kind of funny because at midnight everyone started setting fires and fireworks off. Stephen is scared of loud noises so to protect himself he hid under my bed. I hope everyone had a happy holiday Love, Aline

No comments:

Post a Comment