The contents of this Web site are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. Government or the Peace Corps.
Wednesday, August 22, 2012
Hey Everyone,
Sorry it has been quite a while since my last post. First if you have seen news articles about the volcano erupting in Ecuador don´t worry, I don´t live close to the volcano and if I was in any danger Peace Corps would pull me out. So please don´t worry I´m very far away from any active volcano. Second, I started working at the hospital here in Cayambe doing data entry, but before you all jump up saying you work on a computer we should see more posts. The blog website is blocked so I can´t write at work. It is nice, although not much statistics is going on in the hospital´s statistics department. I am basically doing data entry and they send all the data to Qutio where it is analyzed. And school starts here next week, which will be good, it is kind of hard not having a lot of work. But once school gets started I have a lot of project ideas to work on with the kids. Teaching health and stuff. I also hope to get my pen pal project up and going again. My kids loved it.
As for things that happened this summer it isn´t much. Patrick came in June and he stayed for a week. We went to the jungle, it was really beautiful. (I´m worse with pictures than updating my blog sorry.) We spent a few days there we saw the Napo river and monkeys. We stayed in this smaller town and in the park there were these monkeys. It was really neat so Patrick and I came up with this idea to get a soda and watch the monkeys. It was really hot and a cold soda was just what the doctor ordered, ok maybe not ordered but it hit the spot. Or at least it would have...we sat in the park to watch the monkeys but they are little theives. They really wanted our soda, we got it into a backpack but we had a cup full of soda and a monkey stole it. Another jumped on my head to get the bottle of soda. I wish I got a picture but they were becoming very interested in my camera after a while. So I had to put it away. Then Patrick and I just hung out here in Cayambe, it was really nice, I missed hanging out with my brother
Something that happened recently was Cayambe had it´s last day of fiestas. So people are no longer dancing in the street. No literally I went dancing in the street. My friend Nathan has a wealthy host family here in Cayambe so for the fiestas they rented a truck and hired a brass band to play. Then dressed in traditional garb and danced in the parade. I danced following this truck with my friend for 5 hours. I was exausted when I was done but it was a lot of fun. And I can even do the traditional dance here in Cayambe it is kind of shuffling back and forth. Was a lot of fun. I think someone got a picture of me dancing so I´ll look for it and send it to my mom when I get a hold of a digital copy. Recently I emailed pictures to my mom so if you didn´t get them email her or send me an email and I´ll forward them. Well I´ll try to post soon. Well as soon as something interesting happens.
Love,
Aline
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment