Hi everybody, I hope that all is well. I have a couple of new things to report. As of this morning I am an offical Peace Corps Volunteer!!! And tomorrow morning I am leaving for my site for my two year stint.
This morning was a lovely ceremony, the country director spoke as well as the second in command at the embassy, he was the vice ambassator. So I think that there should be a picture of me and all the other volunteers on the peace corps website some place. I don´t really know where though.
A note on pictures, as soon as I figure out how to get pictures on the blog I will post them but I´m going to try to get them up on facebook or at least email them to my mom soon.
Going back a little bit yesterday I went with my omnibus to Quito, I had a great time hanging out with my friends. When I got home my host family was all there, even the people that don´t live at my host mom´s house and they had a cake for my birthday. I really think it was an excuse to all get together but it was nice all the same.
Sunday me and a friend of mine made dinner for my family, I made a meat loaf and it came out pretty well. although because of the altitude it took a long time in the oven. But I guess since I am going even higher in elevation that is something I have to get use to.
On Saturday I went to dinner with a couple of my friends and we went to go see Captain America at the movies. I have been getting a little homesick so it was nice to do something very American.
Finally on Firday I went with my host mom to this lovely church, I don´t quite remember the name of the town but it was a very pretty church. We went to mass then came back to Tumbaco.
There is nothing else really to report. Tomorrow as I said I´m on my way to Olmedo! So send me good thoughts
Love, Aline
No comments:
Post a Comment